Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays: Acceptance

Bloch succeeds in giving me goosebumps again as I read and post today's Thoughtful Tuesday blog. My Pop's funeral is this weekend and with it brings up many emotions, thoughts, and memories. While I am not in denial about what happened, I am also not truly accepting of it either. My Pop's passing is the main focus with my attention these days, however this excerpt also can apply to many other areas in my life. With some experience in practicing this, I realize the powerful effect it can have and will actively work on this exercise in not only the following days, but weeks, and months and so on. I hope you as well find this helpful and I send you all positive thoughts and energy.

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.


Acceptance

One of life's paradoxes  is that in order to change an unwanted situation, we must first accept it the way it is. If you wish to move forward in your life, first make peace with what you are presently experiencing. 

John was working at a job that he had ceased to enjoy and could not wait to leave. Yet despite his extensive job search, he was unable to find new employment. Realizing that you can't leave a situation without spiritual injury unless you leave it lovingly, John decided to make peace with his job and to bless the people in it. This change of attitude freed him to move on to new employment. 

Accepting people as they are is also transformational. For years, a man tried to get his elderly mother to stop complaining. One day he gave up trying to change her and accept her faults. This experience of unconditional love opened her heart to the point where she stopped condemning herself and others. 

If there is some area of your life that you are seeking to change, first practice acceptance. By acknowledging where you are giving thanks for the good that you have received, you will release an energy that will transform you and your present circumstances. 

Affirmations

1. I bless and accept where I am.
2. I love and support myself and others just the way we are.
3. I forgive myself for being imperfect.
4. I see the purpose and meaning of my present circumstances.
5. I a at peace with myself and the world.
6. Your Own _____________.

No comments:

Post a Comment