Monday, November 21, 2011

A Victorian Holiday Weekend

If this weekend didn't put myself or the locals in the holiday spirit, then I'm not sure what will. The events began Friday night at the newly renovated Victoria Square. A live band played Christmas carols in the bandstand as hundreds gathered around singing along in good holiday cheer. The mayor, Rob Small, started the crowd in a countdown as he lit up the square with holiday lights. We then gathered into the church where The Amherst Regional High School's band played Christmas carols as the audience sang along. After ever song Owen clapped and requested "E-I-E-I-O". What a little cutie. The night's festivities ended at Dayle's, a local department store where Roger White read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. Just before he started reading, all the lights in the store went out, as he began to read parts of the store lit up with a little scene depicting that particular scene in the story. The last set of lights lit up the beautiful staircase where students stood singing Christmas carols. I must admit, I'm falling in love with this town!

ok so this one is blurry, but you get the idea...goal for new year: new camera!
Saturday, my darling Sarah came over to help me with this silly pellet stove. It's the most simple thing to operate and yet do you think I can get it started? Not for the life of me. Luckily Sarah came to my rescue and I could paint the day away nice and toasty. Soon Beth and I headed to her gym where we met up with Owen, Kayla, and her family and some friends. We kept warm inside with hot chocolate while we waiting for the parade to come. Never in my life have a I seen a Christmas parade at night before, but it was awesome! So much hard work went into these floats. Hats off to everyone involved!
My camera isn't loving life at the moment, and therefore I ask you in advance to forgive the pictures, but I managed to find a few half decent ones just to share the fun.


I'll be posting more photos to my Facebook page later on, so pop on over there to see the rest of the pictures I salvaged hehe. Well I should get back to my painting. Lots to do before the Christmas Bazaar!

No comments:

Post a Comment