Thursday, February 23, 2012

Artist Spotlight

At the start of February I wrote a blog about an art show I am involved with that is currently on display at Bella's Cafe and Bistro which is promoting mental health awareness. Today I want to share with you some of the works and biography's of 2 of the artists who have also contributed to this show. If you live in the area, you still have time to drop down to Bella's and enjoy some fabulous art with some delicious food! 

*Again, my apologies for the quality of the pictures. I've tried my best to edit what I could. Come on new camera!!! haha.

Art Show Description. Slightly blurry.


Bradley W. Rogers has been creating art for 40 years in various mediums. Mr. Rogers has been a mental health consumer for some time. Mr. Rogers was born and lives in Oxford, NS and has been a volunteer with Communities in Bloom and with the Food Bank in Oxford.
          





Gloria Winnifred Brown is a local beginner artist who has been painting for about a year. She paints for fun in her spare time. She enjoys working with different colours and designs and experimenting with different techniques. Painting is very peaceful and contemplative. She likes to do modern designs, flowers, finds from the earth and mother nature. Experimenting with new ways of drawing and painting art is interesting.





No comments:

Post a Comment