Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Driving Behind Myself


Ever get stuck behind the turtle driver? You know who I'm talking about. The driver who is afraid to use their gas pedal. The driver who potentially super glued their foot to the breaks? Well for the past month I've been part of that special drivers club. And a few days ago, I got to experience what it's like to drive behind myself...

I must proudly admit, I'm getting a better handle on driving. I no longer look like a 25 year old granny with the seat pulled up so far the steering wheel became an extension of my legs. My shoulders are no longer bunched up to my ears like my laundry pile. haha. Since my last post, I've realized that 50kph isn't that fast after all. At least compared to 80kph when I was lost trying to find the hospital and ended up in Fenwick. Nope, 50 is not that bad at all. Since my last blog I even pumped gas!! (Ok small potatoes for some people, but this is probably  at the top of last week's challenge list for myself. I've been stressing over it for about 3 weeks now? Turns out it wasn't that big of a deal as my over active imagination lead me to believe. Yay for me!!)

And then, the day arrived. On my way home, I turned the corner and started driving behind myself. Well, actually this driver was worse than me. I like to stick to the speed limit. It's what the sign tells you to do and puts me on the good side of any police hoping to meet their ticket quota haha. But seriously...20KPH?! in a 50 zone? You're killing me b'ys! Each street that approached I crossed my fingers they would turn...nothing. Finally after what felt like a lifetime (or 3 agonizing minutes in the real world), they made their turn and I was able to get back up to my comfort speed. I'll have to cram in all the driving I can before the car gets put away for the winter (it's a sexy little convertible, not really the best car for Canadian winters). Thank goodness Santa let me in on a little secret, I'm getting a new winter jacket and winter boots to keep me warm as I trudge through the weather. 


So I also made two new friends this week! Felix and Fiona. One is a little camera shy, but they make great company while I'm down in my 'Spidey Cave" (my make shift art studio). This beautiful little creature is Fiona. At least I hope she's Fiona, unless she's a boy, then it's Felix..haha

                                                          

Well I've been on many other adventures this past week including a trip to Crystal Palace in Moncton with my little tater tot nephew and a local farm where he made friends with a baby donkey (it was too cute for words, it's like the donkey knew they were both babies). I've challenged myself time and time again, which is why this blog is a little late being posted. I had to take some time to self nurture and slow down the pace a little bit. Life is all about balance and I sure have felt the incredible lack of balance since my move. But it's also been an incredible rush of new sights, experiences and growth. 

And so I will leave you with a giant thank you from the bottom of my heart for popping by my blog, and a quote that spoke to me this past week;

Insist on yourself. Never imitate.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment