Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays

Happy New Year everyone!!

Here it is, my first blog of 2012! Sadly my brain feels like a bowl of mashed potatoes, it's been a very long and trying day but I really am determined to get this post up. In November, Beth and I spent a weekend with Karen E. I am very lucky to be surrounded by so many incredible and inspiring strong women! Karen has a fabulous library which she let me dip into that Sunday when I was itching for a good lazy day read. I plucked out a fabulous book by Douglas Bloch. It's titled "Listening To Your Inner Voice", which at the time was exactly what I needed to read. Too often I tend to ignore my inner voice, my instincts and end up wishing I had of stayed true to myself. Inside these short 147 pages, Bloch  discuses the power of affirmations, and distinguishes the difference between your inner voice, which brings you "inner peace" and your "false voice" which presents itself in the forms of fear, anxiety, judgement etc. I highly recommend this book  to anyone who wants to enhance their relationship with their self and strengthen their inner voice.

Thankfully Karen let me bring this book home so I could continue reading it. Here I was taking pictures of almost every page with my phone haha. Clearly this book really spoke volumes with me. So much, that I wanted to share it with YOU! Tthe first 26 pages of the book is definitely worth reading if you get the opportunity. However it's the remainder of the book that has inspired me to begin a 52 week blog! (Can you say another goal for 2012?) Each Tuesday, I will post a new meditation and affirmation exercise from the book. While Bloch offers several ways to go about selecting these 52 affirmations, I will post them in order as presented in the book.

So here we go! (Weee! I'm so excited. I was going to start this the day I got the book, but I thought it'd be more fitting to start with a new year). The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

To Dream Is to Be Practical
 Recently a filmmaker friend approached me with good news. He had just received a grant to do a documentary. "I can't believe it," he said. "I'm finally getting paid for my work. I can't believe how luck I am to be doing this"
After our conversation, I thought: "This person believes that he is earning a living in spite of doing what he loves; but the reality is just the opposite. It is because he is following his passion that he prospers. As he aligns himself with his higher purpose, the Universe cannot help but make straight, smooth, and perfect his way"
 People who says, "Be Practical" don't realize that following your heart is the most the practical thing one can do. There is no greater way to ensure success than being true to who you are. On the other hand, there is nothing more likely to block that success than turning away from your calling. Living at cross-purposes with your true nature creates struggle and lack of fulfillment at a deep level. It is hard to be someone other than yourself.
The lesson is clear: As impractical as it may sound, the safest and most secure way to lead your life is to follow your dream. - page 28

Affirmations
  1. I advance confidently in the direction of m dreams.
  2. I am grateful for having found my calling.
  3. God does great things through me.
  4. By following my heart, I prosper.
  5. I have wonderful work in a wonderful way; I give wonderful service for wonderful pay.
  6. Your Own ______________________________ - page 29

           - Bloch, Douglas. Listening To Your Inner Voice. CompCare Publishers. 1991.Print

Ok seriously? How fabulous was that? Or is it just me? I hope you enjoyed this, because there is 51 more to come! So Tuesdays are now dedicated to the wonderful thoughts of Douglas Bloch and your inner voice!

And now it's time for this old bird to relax before getting some shut eye!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment