Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays : Be True To You

Well I opened the book today hoping that today's affirmation would be on motivation, seeing how I seemed to have lost mine a few days ago. The first two were truly fitting each week with what I had going on. My that sounds a little selfish, but it's honest ;).  Although I didn't find any inspiration on how to rebuild my inner catalyst, or even how to awake it from it's winter hibernation, I was surprised with the message Bloch did offer. It tied in very well with a conversation I shared with someone last week. A little over a year ago I began implementing the below affirmations. Though it was incredibly hard at first, the power of being true to myself has proven to be the most rewarding and liberating journey I have embarked on yet. Opening this page today has been a well needed reminder to keep on marching to my own drum.

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

To Thine Own Self Be True

"To thine own self be true." "Live the life you were meant to live." "Be the person you were meant to be." These statements covey a wonderful truth - that when we go inside and trust our intuition, life opens before us. When we ignore our inner learnings, however, trouble arises.
 Joe had a love of the outdoors; but like his father, he became addicted to his work. Though he built up a successful law practice, Joe felt creatively stifled and inwardly desolate. One day Joe was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. Realizing he had nothing to lose, he decided to pursue his passion and hike the Pacific Crest trail. Six months later his tumor disappeared
 Trying to live out somebody else's life script us like putting a size 10 foot into a size 7 shoe. The size simply does not fit. No matter how hard you force yourself to adjust to your situation, the discomfort continues. 
 Why not start off with the right fit? Acknowledge your unique gifts and talents, as well as your wants and needs. Then seek out situations and circumstances that will allow them their full expression. This route may take time, but the results are worth it: a life of peace and fulfillment that comes from being true to yourself. - page 32


Affirmations

  1.  I am actualizing the highest and best that is within me.
  2.  I am true to myself. 
  3. Being honest with myself helps me to be honest with others.
  4. I give myself the freedom to discover and pursue my own path. 
  5. I march to the beat of my own drum - and create wonderful music
  6. Your own _________________

No comments:

Post a Comment