Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays : The True Treasure

It's Tuesday again, and today's excerpt from Bloch's book is waiting to be shared.

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

The True Treasure

Consider the following story of misplaced priorities. While hiking in the wilderness, I met a man whose T-shirt carried the following message: "He who dies with the most toys, wins."
As I pondered those words, I was sure the author meant the opposite of what he said.  No one on his deathbed ever stated, "I wish I had of spent more time at the office."  We were put on this earth not to accumulate "toys", but to reap the gifts of the spirit.  These gifts come to us when we dedicate our lives to something greater than ourselves - a path of service in the world, the raising  of a loving family, the creation of beauty through art, or any passion that inspires one. 
          Having lived in this manner, you can look back over your life, with a real sense of fulfillment. By
          following the path of peace, love, and joy, you will discover your true treasure - one that
         transcends life itself. 


         He who dies, having followed his heart, wins. 


Affirmations
       
         1. Joy is my compass.
         2. As I follow the path of my heart, I discover my true treasure.
         3. I release my unnecessary attachments to people, things, or situations in the world. 
         4. My spiritual growth is my top priority. 
         5. When I am being true to the highest and best in me, the rest of my life falls into place. 
         6. Your own ____________________________.

No comments:

Post a Comment