Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays : Persistence

Hello Spring! The beautiful season of rebirth has arrived, bringing with it a sense of renewal. Though winter has many glorious aspects to it, there is nothing as refreshing as Spring time. Since the clocks 'sprung' ahead an hour, I can feel my need to hibernate coming to an end. Yahoo!

Yet again, the timing of today's post from Bloch's book ties in so well with my current state of living.  I have been putting effort into accomplishing my goals for this new year. And while I have two goals successfully on their way, there are other areas/goals that seem, well, stuck in the mud. With the arrival of a new season I hope to exercise the affirmations of Bloch, particularly numbers two and four from today's excerpt. Instead of sinking into the inviting black hole of  insecurities and self doubt, I will give myself permission to accept the obstacles that have found their way into my life while maintaining persistence to achieve my goals and dreams. Just as the last excerpt from this book spoke of the Divine Partnership , I will not just sit and wish my paintings will sell, I will make greater efforts to increase sales and work on marketing and in turn the reward of new supplies and new paintings will come. I will not just dream of teaching art classes, I will be persistent in creating concepts, exploring the communities interest, and committing to a venue. I will use this concept in other areas of my life as well, all while maintaining a balance of hard work and fun play!


The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

Persistence

Consider these words of Calvin Coolidge: "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is filled with educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are alone omnipotent. 'Press on!' has been and always will be the answer to every human problem."
Coolidge was right. In the successful pursuit of a vision, persistence always makes the difference. Colonel Sanders approached 1,094 restaurants before he found someone who would try his recipe for fried chicken.  Thomas Edison made over 2,000 attempts before he invented the light bulb. Abraham Lincoln failed in two businesses and lost five elections before he became president.
 The ability to persevere in the face of adversity takes a special kind of faith. It's easy to get discouraged when obstacles appear. If you are in such a situation, know that time is on your side. Time plus sustained effort always produce results. After waiting thirty-three years to win the world championship, a coach was asked, "Was it worth the wait?" "Absolutely," he replied. "In fact, the long delay actually made the victory sweeter."


Affirmations


         1. I am patient and preserving.
         2. Every setback makes me more determined to reach my goal.
         3. My persistence and determination work miracles. 
         4. My greatest glory is in the rising every time I fall. 
         5. With every delay, there's a blessing on it's way.
         6. Your Own ___________________.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy the fresh new warm breeze, the sun on your face...and any new opportunities that may arise! Cheers doll...(Kim)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I found this today. It has refuled me to reach for my goals after a set back a year ago derailed me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so happy to hear that you are choosing to get back on track. It is so easy to be consumed by the set backs in life, but it is more empowering to grow from them! Wishing you all the happiness and success in achieving your goals!

      Delete