The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.
Each Must Carry His Own Burden
One of the great spiritual truths is that each person must work out his or her own personal salvation. When a person you care about is in trouble, you can reach out to support his or her healing, but past a certain point you can do no more. No matter how much you love, you cannot carry another person's burdens.
What can you do when someone you love is in pain? First affirm that there is a purpose behind the experience. Know that the soul has some important lesson to learn that will be of great value to him or her.
Second, although you cannot directly intervene, your positive thoughts and prayers do make a difference. Visualize your friend surrounded by light and love. This type of healing acts directly on the soul level and does not encounter resistance from the conscious mind.
Finally, know that Divine protection is present. The forces of light are always available to the person who requests help. Ultimately, no soul can be lost; as all who ask will be guided to the safety of their spiritual home.
1. I take responsibility for my own life.
2. I allow others to take responsibility for their lives.
3. All things are working together for good in the lives of my loved ones.
4. I give others the freedom to discover and pursue their own paths.
5. I release the need to have others conform to my expectations.
6. Your Own ________________.