Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays : Each Must Carry His Own Burden

I've spent a lot of years working on my strong need to be a care giver. Learning how to step outside the role of 'rescuer' and allow others to grow from challenging experiences. I agree completely with this concept from today's excerpt. While offering someone support can be a great benefit for both the individual and yourself, it is important to know where to establish boundaries so that you do not put yourself at risk of giving too much of yourself to another person, and so they can also learn from the experience as well. It's all about balance. Although you may  not be able to help them to the extent you want, remember that using words of encouragement, hope, love, and remaining positive for them can make a world of a difference as well. Believe these messages as well. Believe in this person you love.

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

Each Must Carry His Own Burden

One of the great spiritual truths is that each person must work out his or her own personal salvation. When a person you care about is in trouble, you can reach out to support his or her healing, but past a certain point you can do no more. No matter how much you love, you cannot carry another person's burdens. 

What can you do when someone you love is in pain? First affirm that there is a purpose behind the experience. Know that the soul has some important lesson to learn that will be of great value to him or her. 

Second, although you cannot directly intervene, your positive thoughts  and prayers do make a difference. Visualize your friend surrounded by light and love. This type of healing acts directly on the soul level and does not encounter resistance from the conscious mind.

Finally, know that Divine protection is present. The forces of light are always available to the person who requests help. Ultimately, no soul can be lost; as all who ask will be guided to the safety of their spiritual home. 

Affirmations

1. I take responsibility for my own life.
2. I allow others to take responsibility for their lives.
3. All things are working together for good in the lives of my loved ones.
4. I give others the freedom to discover and pursue their own paths.
5. I release the need to have others conform to my expectations.
6. Your Own ________________.

No comments:

Post a Comment