Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays : Believe In Yourself

The timing of this excerpt once again leaves me with some goosebumps as I think about where I currently am in my journey through life.  I consider myself to be in a continuous state of transformation and transition, and yet I am finding myself on what may be the brink of a new opportunity to progress in my life. With so much unknown, excitement, hopes, fears, and anxiety it can be so easy for me to begin doubting my abilities. I find myself questioning my decision making and that is so not helpful!! I will definitely be giving today's excerpt some more attention, and will keep at least two or three of these affirmations near by as let go of some of my old ways and invite some of these new ideas into my my daily life, and ways of thinking.


The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

Believe In Yourself

The Universe by nature is loving and supportive. Successful people know how to tap this support by enlisting the cooperation of others in order to achieve their goals. They also know that to receive support, they must first support themselves. 

An entrepreneur once told his fellow inventors, "Before others will believe in you, you must believe in yourself. Your faith in yourself will attract investment capital more than any business plan could".

Unfortunately, the people who need the most support often have the hardest time asking for it. Growing up in an environment where love was denied, they don't believe they deserve it. This is why it is important to affirm our basic worthiness. 

People want to extend themselves to you; it feels good to give. Encourage them to do so by believing in yourself and reaching out for what you want. The Universe will reach back to take your hand. Believe in yourself and others will believe in you. It cannot be otherwise. 

Affirmations

1. I ask for what I want, and I receive it.
2. As my self-confidence grows, other people's confidence in my also expands.
3. I am worthy of success in all my endeavors.
4. The Universe supports me at all times and in all places.
5. I am attracting the people, finances, and circumstances to make my dreams come true.
6. Your Own _______________

No comments:

Post a Comment