Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays : Let The Power Work Through You

What a refreshing message to help us welcome the start of a new month. As I was reading today's excerpt, I reflected on the month of April. I thought of all of the things I tried to control and the unfavourable outcomes that resulted when I stayed too focused on only one aspect - the struggle to get what I wanted.  Had I let go of the need to control, and stepped back to see the whole picture, perhaps the universe would have guided me to what I needed as well as what I wanted. Well, we live and learn hey b`y! I will use the ideas I learned from Bloch, as well as my past experiences and see if I can go with the flow of the universe and see where that takes me.

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

Let The Power Work Through You

The times that life works best are when we get out of the way and let the power work though us.  The writer says of an inspired short story, "I didn't write this story; it seemed to write itself." After a record breaking performance an athlete recalls, "I just had an 'on' day. My shots kept falling in."
Each of us has had moments when we felt as if we were riding a crest of  a wave or were being pushed from behind by a gentle wind.  The more you can surrender to the universal energy and go with its flow, the easier life becomes.
Compare this experience to that of trying to control and manipulate life through the limited ego. Everything becomes a strain and an effort, a constant struggle. We tire easily. By the time we cross the finish line, we wonder if the race was worth running. 
A better way is stated by the paradox, "You give it all up to have it all." Whatever your current situation, step back and let the power work through you. You'll be amazed at the miracles that occur. When your will and the Higher will are aligned, all things become possible. 

Affirmations
1. I am a channel for a Higher wisdom.
2. Divine love uses me for its healing purposes.
3. I let go and let God.
4. I will Thy will.
5. I follow my intuition where it takes me.
6. Your Own ______________.

*Feel free to replace the word God with a name, or word that reflects your own personal beliefs.*

No comments:

Post a Comment