Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays: Turning Lead into Gold

As I was reading and posting today's excerpt from Douglas Bloch's book, I couldn't help but feel this sense of reassurance that I am headed in the right direction. For those of you who have read my post about my celebration sale , you may recall me saying how I had an idea of how the next ten months would unfold and then the universe stepped in and decided to make some bigger and unexpected plans. A few months ago, had I not been working on so hard on my personal growth, I  may have handled this in an unhealthy way, feeling as though I were being victimized. Thankfully the universe has blessed me with many opportunities to grow over recent months and when it presented me with these challenges, I believe I responded in a way that reflects the message being given here in today's post. My world changed on such a tremendous level four days ago in so many unexpected ways. While there were many beautiful positive changes, there were also some challenging and not so exciting changes as well. Luckily with my new attitude towards life I was able to respond to these challenges presented to me by life in a productive, and fairly optimistic way. Today's post confirms with me that I am doing the best I can right now. I hope you are able to take as much from it as I have.


The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

Turning Lead into Gold

John Lennon once said, "Life is what happens to us when we are busy making other plans." As you follow the path of the inner voice with its fruits of peace and joy, you will also encounter your share of tests and challenges. While it is natural to ask, "Why me?" when adversity strikes, feeling victimized leaves you powerless to change the situation. 

A better approach is to emulate the "triumphant survivors," those individuals who emerge from their ordeals strengthened and renewed. They understand the universal law that every adversity contains within it the seeds of an equivalent or greater good. The triumphant survivor says, "I would rather not have to deal with this challenge, but as long as I  must, I will use it as an opportunity to grow and transform."

When adversity is faced in this way, miracles happen. The apparent curse becomes a divine blessing. Uninvited situations bring life-changing lessons. Here, then, is the alchemical secret - by using everything for our spiritual growth we become a victor instead of a victim. By looking for the good in all things, we turn lead into gold.

Affirmations
1. I see all challenges as disguised opportunities.
2. God is working through each and every circumstance in my life.*
3. I am a more loving and wise person because of what I have gone through.
4. When I can't change the situation, I change my attitude.
5. I give thanks for everything just the way it is.
6. Your Own ___________________.

* Please feel free to change the word 'God' to fit your beliefs. This is what was written in the book, but use what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment