Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays: Keep the Faith

I'm a big worry rat. In fact I'm an over-worrier. It can be incredibly draining and at times a very large waste of energy. For awhile I worried about my art classes. Would there be a demand? Would they be successful? Then I worried that the classes would not be enough to support myself financially so I began to worry about finding another job. My latest worry is finding a way to balance both a full time job and the art classes. It seems that once again Bloch's book came to the rescue for me with another well timed post. So I will keep this in mind during the next few weeks as I make some major and minor changes to my lifestyle. I will definitely practice affirmation number 2 and 4. I will also try to spend less time worrying about everyone and everything and instead focus on celebrating my accomplishments and successes. Things will work out exactly as they are destined to.


The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.



Keep the Faith

When following the inner voice, one must deal with the experience of uncertainty. The future is not laid out and neatly planned. There are no guarantees. In the end, it all comes down to trust - trusting that the support will be there; that the money will come; that if one path does not work out, another will open up. 

We can develop this trust from experience/ We step out in faith the first time, and the Universe supports us. We step out again and the assistance is there. After several  experiences, we begin to feel comfortable living by faith - our "invisible means of support." We no longer need to know ahead of time how everything will work out. 

So make the decision. Let go of the worry, the anxiety, and the doubt. Have faith in your connection to universal principles, for it is here that your true security lies. The Universe will not abandon you if you maintain your connection to it. Keep the faith, and the faith will keep you. 

Affirmations

1. I am led by my Higher Power.
2. I trust my intuition to guide and direct my way.
3. My will and the Divine are one.
4. I release my need to worry and doubt.
5. Every day my faith is growing stronger.
6. Your Own _____________.

No comments:

Post a Comment