Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays: The Eleventh Hour


The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

*Feel free to change the word 'God' to fit your belief system. I directly quoted Bloch's work.

The Eleventh Hour

Recently I witnessed the birth of my friend's third child. Because of the infant's large size, labor proved more difficult than expected. After eight hours of strenuous contractions, in pain and totally exhausted, the mother resigned herself to a Caesarean section. 

Then a gentle and sympathetic doctor arrived. He suggested that we elevate the mother's legs and slightly rotate the hips. With these subtle changes, the momentum shifted. The birth process accelerated. Beginning with the head and then the shoulders, a healthy baby Patrick sprang from the womb. 

The experience can only be described as miraculous. At the moment everyone gave up, grace descended. A force outside of ourselves intervened and "in the twinkling of an eye" the situation  changed. Before we knew it, the birth had occurred.

The next time you are stuck and feel like there is no way out, think of baby Patrick. Like him, you may be just moments away from a glorious new life. Soon, you will be pushed through the birth canal into the light of day. 

Affirmations

1. I am in the process of being reborn.
2. I can see sense the light at the end of the tunnel.
3. Just when all seems lost, help arrives.
4. I call on the Universe and am lifted to safety.
5. I am never given more than God and I can handle.
6. Your Own ___________.

No comments:

Post a Comment