Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays: Oneness

Love this blog post.
My apologies for not posting this morning as I usually do, and for not having a little intro. This month has been a tangly one for me and I am not up to par with my usual self. I hope next month I can hit a refresh button and start again. I hope you appreciate the message in this post and try to share it in your life.

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

*Feel free to change the word 'God' to fit your belief system. I directly quoted Bloch's work.

Oneness

A fundamental principle of the universe is that of a oneness. A basic unity connects all of creation. On a cellular level, the DNA of all living organisms is virtually identical. Despite appearances, we are more similar than different.

Why, then, does conflict and fighting persist within the human family? Because the ego, the separate self, maintains the illusion of separateness. We mistakenly believe that our interests are different from our neighbor's and act to oppose the so-called enemy. 

The changing nature of the world is forcing us to change our thinking. We live in a global economy and environment where all fates are interconnected. When rain forests are cut down in the Amazon, the climate is warmed in New York. What happens to my neighbor directly impacts my life.

Take time to meditate on the oneness of humankind. See yourself as a citizen of planet Earth as well as a member of the human community, not bound to any group or nation. We are one body. As each of us makes this shift in consciousness, ripples will spread through the group mind until we recognize the truth expressed by the cosmic strip character Pogo: "We has met the enemy, and he is us."

Affirmations

1. I am joined in consciousness with my brothers and sisters around the planet.
2. I am more like others than I am different.
3. I forgive those who I perceive have wronged me.
4. I make peace with y so-called enemies.
5.  I a connected to all beings.
6. Your Own ___________

No comments:

Post a Comment