Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays: Amazing Grace

I tried to find a way to create an introduction that will emphasis how much I believe in this excerpt without getting too personal. I tried to think of something clever to say to transition into the post. The more I thought about it the more I realized I should let the beauty and truth speak for itself.


The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

*Feel free to change the word 'God' to fit your belief system. I directly quoted Bloch's work.

Amazing Grace 

For those who walk the path of the inner voice, grace is the ultimate blessing. Not only are we guided by grace, but it is grace that has enable us to take the first step on this wondrous journey.

Think of times when you were lifted out of disaster at the eleventh hour. Recall those turning points when unseen forces intervened in your life. The right job turned up when you needed it. Through a series of seemingly coincidences, you were led to a person who provided the help you were seeking. An unexpected source of money arrived to pay the bills. 

As a cloud-covered sky can block out rays of the sun, so our doubts and fear can block the perception of God's grace. Still, the sun is always shining, even when we can't see it. The help is still there, even when we don't realize it. And in the midst of our unbelief, grace still enters our lives. 

We are not alone. We may call it a guardian angel or unexplained good fortune, but there is a benevolent force at work in our lives, guiding us each step along the way. More than anything else, the experience of grace gives us the courage to continue listening to that inner voice. for the love that has guided you to this point would not have done so unless it was prepared to lead you on - to the fulfillment of your highest and truest calling.

Affirmations

1. I give thanks for the good that has graced my life.
2. I am truly blessed.
3. I appreciate all the help I receive.
4. My life overflows with abundance and prosperity.
5. The light of God surrounds me.
6. Your Own______________

No comments:

Post a Comment