Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays: Let Peace Begin Within Me

Whoopsie Daisies! I was so excited about Halloween last week and creating my costume that I completely forgot all about posting "Thoughtful Tuesdays".  Honest to goodness, I barely blog outside of Thoughtful Tuesdays now that I wear my mega busy pants haha, but I make sure I create time to do Thoughtful Tuesdays. I look forward to them. I start thinking about the on Sunday mornings. Anyways, so sorry. So here it is, on time this week, but one blog behind, Thoughtful Tuesday!

I love this excerpt from Bloch. It speaks volumes for how to create change in our world. Once again, I am no expert but I do try to practice this in my life and it truly makes a difference. In the way  I think and act, in the way others act and react around me. I also try to expose myself to those who live with peace inside, or who at least are trying. And once again, a ripple effect is created in the process. 

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.




Let Peace Begin With Me


For the dream of world peace to become a reality, the  most important link in the process must be the individual. Because the individual mind is connected to the collective or group mind., each person's peacefulness elevates the group consciousness. This truth is expressed in the lyrics from a popular song, "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me."


The greatest obstacle to peace is fear. Fear arises from the experience of separation. Love, which joins and unifies all things, is the antidote to fear. Our task, then, is to release the old thoughts of fear and separation and replace them with thoughts of love and unity. This shift occurs moment by moment, as we learn to choose peace over conflict. 


One person committed to peacefulness is a powerful force in the universe. When a small but significant number of people engage in this process, all of huanity will feel the change. You have your part to play in shifting the balance that will usher in a glorious new era. 


Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with you. 

Affirmations
1. Peace of mind is my primary goal.
2. I let go of fear and experience inner peace.
3. In all of my affairs, I choose peace over conflict.
4. I would rather be happy than be right.
5. The world in which I live is a place of peace.
6. Your Own ______________

No comments:

Post a Comment