Monday, October 24, 2011

A Childhood Dream Comes True

Remember as a child being asked "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
What was your first answer?
Mine was an artist. It slowly changed to psychologist, then focused on child psychiatrist, then broadened to art therapist (for any age), and now I went full circle back to my first answer. I just want to be an artist. I want to share the gift of creating through teaching art, and through sharing my paintings with others as they find their ways onto the walls of people's nests.

Today marks a huge celebration for my career as an artist. Today is day one of my first art show ever!!! I was originally booked for the end of February through til April (which the owner of The Sprout confirmed I still have this slot available!! YAY!!!). However the artist who had this current slot booked had to cancel and Julia came in contact with myself and Dominique. And here it is, a show with myself, Dominique Hurley and Lori Reddy. Thank you universe for giving me this opportunity and gift! I was in need of a sense of personal achievement and direction when it comes to my art. Who knows what the outcome of this show will be like in regards to sales, but I'm just excited to have the exposure. Knowing how many people pass through the doors of The Sprout and will be seeing my work there on the walls! Oh someone pinch me now, I think I must be dreaming still! If it weren't for the pictures Dominique posted I still think I would be in disbelief. Here are the photos of my work that Dominique captured for me to help me feel part of this show.




All of my pieces can be found on my Facebook page and my website for a closer viewing if you do not live near The Sprout. If you do live in the area, please pop by for some incredibly yummy vegetarian food and check out all the art work! 

The Sprout - 364 Duckworth St., St. John's Newfoundland
(709) 579-5485 
October 25 - November 28th 2011 (closed Mondays)

Here is the link for the rest of the pictures Dominique took this morning. 

Dreams really can come true. And it's so exciting to see and experience first hand, especially a childhood dream. I have no idea where this will take me, or how this turn out, I just know that today I am happy and today this is real! What a fabulous way to practice living in the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment