Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Day in the Spidey Cave

The creative juices are unstoppable right now. I think they're taking over me! I love it!

I just spent the last 7 hours down in the Spidey Cave painting non-stop. I completed a mini series I started a little while back. I'm still not sure how I feel about them. The concept has a lot of meaning to me while the final result isn't what I'm used to painting so it's a bit strange for me to look at. Regardless, I enjoyed the process of painting. I also have started in on a second painting for my new collection. I'm really excited about this one. Playing with molding paste is always fun!! But now I have to wait for it to dry before I can move on..patience is a virtue I do not possess. I decided to take the rest of the evening off instead of diving into a new painting. I have an early rise tomorrow and it's very easy to get lost in time down there. I want to make sure i get enough sleep. 

I wonder if this is a sign that I'm giving myself permission to settle in. I've felt like an uprooted tree since moving here. All of my belongings, my family, my friends are back home and I just plucked myself out of it and moved here. Painting is a very raw and personal process I go through. I guess you could say it's a different kind of journal for me. I'm starting to think with recent developments in my life and a little bit of radical acceptance I might just be allowing myself to plant my roots here. That doesn't change how I feel about wanting to live in Newfoundland ( Nova Scotia is just grand, but there's no place like home, especially for an islander) but it sure does make it easier, and in some odd way, is very liberating. I felt so free today. I want to hold on to that feeling. 

Ok...giving in, time for some nachos and Coronation Street. 

No comments:

Post a Comment