Friday, October 28, 2011

Day of the Dead

I have no idea what I did, but "Everything's coming up Milhouse" for me these days. I'm certainly not complaining, I'd just like to know so I can do it more often haha.

I could not get to sleep at all last night. I tried making a steamer (boiled milk with vanilla), I put on the music station with spa music, I did some meditating. No dice. Finally around 3:30ish, the sandman finally dropped by and off to sleep I went. Next think I know it, Beth is off to run with a client and I'm snuggled up in her bed with Owen (who's very sick little man).That was at 5:30. I may have gotten 20 minutes sleep with him, but basically I've been up since then. I'm now making my costume while layers of paint dries on canvas, making dinner, blogging to make sure I don't sit still for more than a few minutes. I may crash. There is too much to be done to fall asleep yet!

Alright, so not the best start to my day but after that things really were coming up Milhouse. I went to a second hand store with two costume ideas in mind. I decided last night that I will go out for Halloween. I have to be honest I wasn't really liking the idea of not being home for Mardi Gras to play dress up and go out on the town with my friends. Anyone who knows anything about Newfoundland knows you must experience Mardi Gras on George Street. Then I remembered a photo my friend Terri posted on Facebook...
So on a mission I searched the bins for something that might work and right away, the first store, the first place I looked, a hat that was PERFECT for my costume, then the rest of the pieces of the costume just came together. So I won't reveal the costume until Halloween but I will give you this hint, here is a photo of all the pieces (minus my shoes haha). Can you guess what/who I'm going to be?

Well time for me to resume to my creation spree! Have a safe and spooky weekend everyone!

Ps:
I am a MEGA Simpsons fan, and tend to make a ridiculous amount of Simpson's references.. here's a YouTube video of the clip where Milhouse quotes this, you kinda have to get the whole character voice, and understand he's a bit of a nerd bird.

Pss:
Look who dropped by for a visit today! Jasmine!! She was all purrs when I pulled out the can of Tuna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment