Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Imagine All The People

There are no words to describe the feeling that sweeps over me when I see a community come together. As Beth, Owen and I walked towards the church my heart just filled with pride for this town as I saw all the people gathered outside on this crisp fall day, on their lunch hour. People holding signs, a table filled with non perishable food items for the local food bank, local musicians sharing their talent all the name of raising awareness for poverty and hunger.

Little Owen was tapping his foot and bobbin' his head to each artist's rendition of the legendary song 'Imagine'. It took everything I had to try to hold my tears back, but they escaped. It was just so powerful.

Here are some photos and a video from today. I may have to upload all the videos to my facebook page later.


 


Sadly the pre-paid visa I bought never worked on the website for me to make a donation. I'm not impressed at all. ( I did make a donation though to the local food bank here) I  put the visa to good use though and invested some money back into my art again, and ordered some more business cards. Vistaprint had a great sale on, 99 cents for 250 premium business cards, can't go wrong with that hey b'y!

If you would like to make a donation or learn more about Yoko Ono's cause, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment