Saturday, November 5, 2011

Keeping Busy


This commercial still makes me laugh. Last night I went to see this movie in 3D with a couple of friends. It still blows me away that we can just go to another province to watch a movie. Back home you need a good reason to leave the province because if you live on the island, you're going to need a plane or boat to get away. I'm not sure when the novelty of this will wear off. The movie was AMAZING! The prices not so much. But it was a lovely treat, that's for sure.

I've been keeping myself very busy this past week. I forgot to mention in my last blog ( I was so caught up with the Imagine concert ) to share with you that on the same day, I drove the CRV for the first time. I mentioned that in a previous blog about being scared to drive it. I'm so attached to my little tissue box car hehe. But I drove it, and WOW! What a difference. You look in the rear view mirror and it seems to have no end to it. I feel like I'm in a dinosaur though, so it'll take some getting used to parking ...haha. Let's just say we don't really have to go into detail about parking.

Thursday Beth did a training crash course for Your Place to prepare me for Friday, she and Owen are gone to Newfoundland for the weekend. Beth has a CanFit Pro conference to attend which meant she needed someone to cover for her at the gym until Jeannine came in for her afternoon shift. Well, I think it worked! I sold a membership, got a lead for another. It was so much fun to finally be hands on and experience what I've heard Craig talk about every day when he came home from work. In fact, him sharing stories from his days at work helped me get through some bits too, because once I saw it on paper, it clicked, like two puzzle pieces coming together.

You know two months ago if you asked me how I'd be this weekend with Beth gone to NL, I would say a total mess. But you know, I'm ok. I'm kinda enjoying catching up with myself. (Although it's mega weird to not be on some adventure with Beth) Beth's sister in law, Karen is here for the weekend (just two doors down with her mother) and we've had lots of visits. I took in a movie, tonight I'm invited to dinner with Karen , her brother and his lady love Kim, and their mother. Tomorrow I'm invited to a different Karen's (I've mentioned her before in my adventures) for homemade mac and cheese and tour through her house. I'll be house sitting for her in a weeks time, lots to learn. I'm hoping to get some painting in today. For now I'm quite content curled up by the fireplace, still in my jim jams (aka pajamas) watching Teletoon Retro. I mean it is Saturday after all! The Smurfs is on right now followed by the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show! How could I turn that down? I'll get to the dishes and a quick tidy up of my room later hehe.

Happy weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment