Friday, November 11, 2011

Lest We Forget

11.11.11
Lest we forget.

On this eleventh day, of this eleventh month at the eleventh hour, Canadians stop in silence as they remember the brave souls who left the comfort of their homes to fight for our protection.

To my knowledge, no one in my family fought in any of the wars. It was never mentioned to me at least. But I have stood in the empty battlefields and seen the enemy line. I have fought my own war, and I know people who have been severely impacted by war. My heart goes out to them, and to everyone else whose lives have been changed from war.

I wish there was a way that the world could take the sandbox lesson of "use your words" into adulthood instead of having to use violence. Sadly this ideal world does not exist.




For the lives lost, the scars that remain, Lest we forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment