Monday, November 14, 2011

Settling In

Here I am at my temporary home for the next month. I must have been a nomad in a previous life, because I can't seem it sit still in this one haha. I pulled into the driveway and just as I got out of the car, Jake (the kitty of the house) appeared on the doorstep to greet me. Filled with purrs, kisses and a cute little meow, we went inside and dipped into the treats bag. I think I'm on his good side.

It was so weird packing up my art supplies and a few other things at Beth's house. As I loaded up the car, I couldn't bring myself to get in it and drive away. I sat on the front step playing with Noel (Beth's dog), then puttered around inside waiting for Beth to get home from work. Finally I decided to just hit the road. I'm not a fan of night driving at all. Sure I'm just getting used to day driving haha. I sent her a txt and off I went.

So here I am, with a vegetarian lasagna in the oven and a bowl of ice cream to tie me over til dinner is ready haha. As I was preparing dinner, part of me felt 19 again. Living on my own for the first time, in my own little apartment. I remember that first night, as I sat down with my pizza and juice and the little tv that came with the place, just defended by the silence of living alone. I quickly learned to love this feeling, though it was scary that first night. I couldn't help but smile as the memory danced in my head. Life has taken me so far from that August night. I turned on the radio, struck up a conversation with the cat (he's quite the little chatter you know) and went on my way. Being alone can be the most wonderful and rewarding thing when you use that time in a healthy way. I have a little planner here next to me which I want to fill out tonight or tomorrow, so much I want to do with all this "me" time over the next 4 weeks.

No word from the paper yet. However, he did only apply Friday, and it was a holiday, so I will practice patience. Well, we both will practice, he's pretty anxious as well. Lots of positive energy.

Now, to tackle to the painting situation. Having doubts about my collection is not the best frame of mind to be in when I want to put them on display for the holidays. The more I look at the particular two I brought with me tonight, the more I wonder if I really need to change anything, or start over. It's always the paintings I dislike the most that people seem to be drawn to. And truly, it's not about worrying what people think or if they will sell (ok to some degree it is lol). That's just a bonus really. But in all honesty painting for me is about the process, the joy in getting lost in a world of acrylics and music and canvas for hours on end. I never began painting with the intentions to sell. In fact the first time I heard someone ask if they could buy a painting I nearly fell through the floor. I'm sure there is a home out there that is perfect for one of these paintings. If not, that's ok too. I felt incredible creating them. That's all that matters at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment