Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays : Courage

It was reassuring to read this excerpt today and learn that I can possess both courage and fear at the same time. I don't have a whole lot to add to today's blog post. It speaks for itself. My mind is also in about a thousand other places right now. I'm getting ready for a photography adventure in this beautiful weather! It's only 9:22am and already 15°C (feels much hotter though, and humid!) getting up to 22°C! Wowzers! Too excited to stay focused! haha. So with that, I hope you enjoy today's post and create yourself a spectacular day!!


The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

Courage

Without courage it is virtually impossible  to progress along the spiritual path. Courage enables us to face the fears that arise when we go for what we want. 

Courage often involves going against conventional wisdom and walking the path alone. It takes courage to give up the high-paying job and work part time while you start your own business on the side. It takes courage to leave an unworkable relationship. It takes courage to face the pain of one's childhood and seek to heal it. In short, it takes courage to be oneself. 

People ask, "How can I have courage when I'm afraid?" The answer is clear. Courage is not the absence of fear, but the willingness to move forward in spite of it. When fear comes up in your life, fully feel and experience it. If you try to push it away, it will only expand. 

Say to your fear, "I acknowledge you. But as I connect with my higher knowing, I see that you are not in alignment with my true calling. Because I have the courage and plans in spite of you." Then proceed. Like the actor whose stage fright leaves the first moments of a play, yours will fade  as you actively embrace your own unique destiny - with courage.

Affirmations

1. I listen to and follow my inner voice.
2. I feel my fear and proceed anyway.
3. I act to please myself rather than others.
4. I courageously move forward in the direction of my dreams.
5. I am true to myself.
6. Your Own______________________.

No comments:

Post a Comment