Saturday, July 21, 2012

Got Milk?

A few days ago, during my adventures on the internet, I stumbled across this picture. (To read what this image says click here)
  

This lead to some serious thinking and sparked the idea it was time to make a change in my dairy intake. Lots of people drink almond milk. Even my partner - who believe me surprised the socks right off me when I discovered he liked it - enjoys a big glass of this kind of milk. The more I thought about making the switch, the better I began to feel about myself. I'll be doing a good thing for the mama cows, the baby boy cows, the earth, and for myself. Pretty good reasons to switch hey? Not to mention the price. I could get used to this. I had made my decision, it was an easy one. Goodbye cow milk, hello almond milk. So when we went on our last grocery shopping trip, we went all out and picked up a carton of vanilla and chocolate almond milk. I was feeling pretty good about myself, I'm not going to lie. Here I am standing in what may very well be the only aisle with real food, not food like products, making a choice to add this to my new ways of a healthier life style. High five to me! Awesome. 

Not so much. 

We get home and put away the groceries. I had been craving chocolate milk for hours now and was very much looking forward to pouring a glass of my new healthy milk. Without a second thought I took the biggest gulp ...and....it was terrible. Yucky. What had I done? I could have bought my regular chocolate milk and enjoy the cool refreshing and yummy taste. Instead I just swallowed some form of watered down chalk water coloured brown. My partner just roared laughing at me. "What did you expect?" he asked. I guess I really didn't know what I expected, but it sure wasn't that. Once I got over the disappointment I found it to be pretty funny. So that folks is my story on how I tried to save the cows by drinking almond milk. While my heart was in the right place, my taste buds sure weren't.  So for now at least, I'll be sticking to my usual Scotsburn products until I feel adventurous again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment