Tuesday, July 17, 2012

You Can't Heal What You Can't Feel

I have been on a journey of healing for over 11 years now. In 2009 I began to take my healing process far more seriously in hopes that one day I could finally liberate myself from my painful past and the baggage I had been dragging around with me. It was evident that my old ways of thinking, and behaving were no longer helpful. It was what I was taught, grew up with - it was all that I knew and it wasn't healthy for me.  I opened my heart, mind, and soul to new ways of thinking and behaving. Even if at first I thought it was the most foolish thing I heard of and had no idea how it could help. Turns out these suggestions, methods of healing, and advice were the furthest thing from foolish and played key roles in helping me move toward the healthier life I wanted to create for myself. Feelings used to scare me on a level that I'm not even sure how to explain. They would wash over me unexpectedly  and I had no idea how to get through. So I decided to learn. Never in my life have I been more honest with myself and the rewards of doing so are showing up in my daily life. I have learned that feelings serve a purpose. I am learning how to listen to and validate these feelings The more we explore these emotions, get to understand how they help us, or hinder us in some circumstances, we can learn how to work with them together as a team. This creates opportunity for us to grow and learn from our experiences while staying in tune with our body in a healthy manner. I hope you find today's excerpt from Bloch to be a helpful one.

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

You Can't Heal What You Can't Feel
 
You are like a diamond that is continuously being polished and perfected. As this purification proceeds, old thoughts and negative patterns rise to the surface to be released. Past unfinished business must be completed. Old traumas that have been stored in the body as to be discharged. 

This is not a bad thing - far from it. The fact that painful events are being re-experienced is a sign that healing is taking place. Although you may feel tempted to run from these feelings, let yourself experience them. As you allow yourself to feel the pain, the pain diminishes and eventually disappears. 

Spirit is always helping you to release what you no longer need. Let go of the resistance and surrender to the process. Complete the past and move on. Once you have done the work, you will never have to repeat it. How good it feels to be free!

Affirmations

1. I feel my feelings.
2. I move towards my feelings, knowing they are my friends.
3. Better the pain than to remain the same.
4. Experiencing the truth of my past liberates me from it's influence.
5. I emerge from my ordeal healed and transformed.
6. Your Own _____________ 


No comments:

Post a Comment