Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays: The Future Is Not What It Used to Be

Change. Notice if  that word stirred up any emotions for you? Were they pleasant feelings or uncomfortable ones? I know for me that word brings up more uncomfortable feelings than the ones I enjoy. I'm learning to embrace this word though as I focus on the opportunities 'change'  can bring. My future sure is not what it used to be even a few weeks ago. As I sit here in the 'in between' - or as my wise and inspirational friend, Dominique, would call 'the unknown' -I struggle knowing that there is only so much I can do at this point and the rest relies on my trust in the universe. For me, I am aware I need to live one day at a time, one moment at a time. Focusing on the power of my thoughts and how they can help navigate my day. There was a time when I had none of these skills at all. Where I had no trust in the process of change. I was unable to see the opportunities because I was so consumed in the fear of it. Like all of these skills offered through Douglas Bloch's book, it takes time, practice, and a lot of patience with one's self to be able to experience the good these skills can bring into your life. Are you ready to learn some new skills, pull out the welcome mat and invite 'change' with open arms? Are you willing to see where the wind blows you next?

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.


The Future Is Not What It Used to Be


With the pace of change continuing to accelerate, the future is not what it used to be. From one moment to the next, no one can be certain of anything. Your job, your marriage, your relationship to your children - none of these will be the same next year, next month, or even next week. 


How does one survive this changing landscape? First, by being flexible and adaptable - ready to change course at any moment. Be prepared to "roll with the punches" and release your old attachments or current expectations. 


Second, practice living one day at a time. Realize that the only thing you can really affect is how you feel this instant.  By focusing on the present moment,  you can continue to experience peace and joy - no matter how the outer circumstances may change.


Finally, know that the removal of the old securities opens the way to new opportunities. Human consciousness is moving to ever higher levels of awareness. How much easier is the journey is when we flow with the process of change. 


Affirmations


1. I welcome all change into my life.
2. I am able to adapt to any situation I encounter.
3. I am given just what I need for optimal learning experience.
4. No matter what life deals me, I always have the winning hand.
5. Spirit guides and directs my path each step of the way.
6. Your Own ________________.

No comments:

Post a Comment