Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays : Letting Go

I really enjoyed today's read from Listening To Your Inner Voice.  I've been trying to practice this for years now. Sometimes it can be easier to hold on to parts of the past with resentment and disappointment, making it more tempting to stay dwelling in something that you are unable to change instead of focusing on what you can do to move forward. I am aware of the peace of mind, and happiness that is brought into my life when I do let go of such things, and  yet it can still be hard to do so. Hard for my sense of pride, or trying to justify 'well it's the  principle of the matter' when really I am only punishing myself by staying stuck. So today and the days to come, I will dedicate myself more to the process of letting go. Releasing the heavy burden on my soul and heart so I can continue on this path of inner peace. I hope you too can find a way to implement today's excerpt into your life.

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

Letting Go


According to a Japanese legend, two monks were walking down the road when they saw a finely dressed young woman standing before a large mud puddle. She explained hat she had no way of crossing the water without ruining her clothes. Without saying a word, the first monk picked her up in his arms and lifted her safely across the obstacle. 


A few hours later the second monk said in an accusatory tone, "How could you have picked up that lady? Don't you know that the rules strictly forbid us to touch a member of the opposite sex?" His friend smiled and then replied, "I put the woman down back at the puddle, are you still carrying her?"


Like the second monk, many of us are still carrying old hurts, resentments, and lost opportunities that we picked up many mud puddles ago. As long as we remain stuck in the past, we cannot fully hear the inner voice which speaks to us in the present. Thus, in order to tap into our intuition, we need to release and heal our unfinished business. 


By following the example of the first monk, we can put the past down and walk on. See your past experiences as teachings that have guided you to this present moment. An endless array of opportunities and possibilities lie before you. Immerse yourself in this good, and the old hurts will have no place left to make their home. 

Affirmations

1. I release the pain of my disappointed expectations.
2. I let go of the old and make way for the new.
3. As I free myself from the past, my energy becomes available for the present.
4. The purpose and meaning of my past experiences are now revealed to me.
5. I make peace with my past.
6. Your Own __________________

No comments:

Post a Comment