Monday, July 2, 2012

A Weekend of Celebrations

This long weekend was filled with laughter, sunshine, and adventures here in my world. From oodles of hang outs with our nephew to meeting new friends in unexpected ways, we were in fabulous company from start to finish.

Saturday I met up with my friend Stef and her mom. Stef's mom was visiting from Ontario and I've been waiting a long time to meet this wonderful soul. We packed a picnic and spent a few hours at the Bird Sanctuary hanging out with the woodland creatures. It was lovely being in the company of two strong and incredible women for a few hours.  When I arrived home I was greeted by my two favorite boys in the window waving. We spent the rest of the day playing and being silly.

After a lazy Sunday morning I made french toast for brunch and then headed off to the beach for a few hours before we picked up our nephew for more adventures.With the windows down and the music playing, we took a scenic route and enjoyed the sunny summer drive. Once we arrived at the cabin we headed straight for the ocean. The water was a little cool, but on a hot summer day it was deliciously refreshing. I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had swimming. After a nice splash in the ocean we headed back to the cabin where we dried off playing washer toss - where I totally kicked Craig's butt winning two games in a row shhh..lol. As we were playing, Craig's cousin showed up, he was staying at the cabin for the weekend. He invited us to stay out so we headed back our nephew and then back to the cabin for a night of campfires, s'mores, great company, and fireworks. Considering we had no plans when we woke up in the morning, it turned out to be an awesome day of celebrating Canada Day.

Now it's time to tend to these mosquito bites, kick back and play some video games before the week starts up. It's going to be a great one! Hope you all had a safe and fun long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment