Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays: The Universe Knows Best

Yesterday I was given some unfavourable news. It turns out that I cannot predict the future. There is no crystal ball. There is no cheat sheet with notes on what happens next, which decisions to make, or directions on which path to travel next. Well that's not best kind I thought - and then I read today's excerpt and had to chuckle to myself a little as once again, the timing has aligned with current life events. Affirmation number five nearly popped right out off the page when I read it. So I will write that one down and carry it around with me as I continue to work on my patience (or lack there of at this point in time haha) and find a way to trust the process, trust the Universe. Oh my nerves! This one is not my favourite, so I guess that means all the more reason to practice.

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

*Feel free to change the word 'God' to fit your belief system. I directly quoted Bloch's work.


The Universe Knows Best

How many times have you wanted something very badly, only to realize at a later date it would have been a major disaster? Often we pursue a certain want or desire when the Universe has something entirely different planned - something which is for our higher good. 

For years, Ann wanted to run her own day-care center. An opportunity arose for her to buy a local business, but the deal fell through at the last minute. Bitterly disappointed, she could not understand why her heart's desire was about a business that was for sale in a city where they had always wanted to live. Within weeks, they bought the business and moved to their new location. Ann gave thanks that the first opportunity did not work out. 

From our earthly vantage point, we can't always see the big picture. We are like mice running in an open field, sensing what is in front of our noses. Only from the perspective of the eagle can the entire landscape be viewed. 

Fortunately, there is a part of yourself that can see like the eagle. You can turn over your life and your plans to that higher vision, and then say with assurance, "It's all God's work. It's all in God's hands. And I am at peace with this."

Affirmations

1. I let the Higher will express itself in all my affairs.
2. The Universe works best.
3. Higher wisdom illumines and directs my path.
4. All things are working out good in my life.
5. I let go of my attachment to final results.
6. Your Own ____________

No comments:

Post a Comment