Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays: Who Is Directing This Movie?

I like to pay attention to the details. Perhaps a little too much. This post was yet again, well timed for me. Now to be able to practice this in my daily life, that is the real challenge. I really have to let go of my trust issues when it comes to the Universe haha.

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.
*Feel free to change the word 'God' to fit your belief system. I directly quoted Bloch's work.

 Who Is Directing This Movie?

Most of us would like to believe that we are the person best qualified to direct our life's movie. But when we attempt to run things solely from the perspective of the ego, we soon discover the limits of it's power. Despite our best intentions, chaos and confusion abound on the set. Life lacks a quality of flow, joy, and peace. 

"How can this be?", you may ask. "In order to run my life, I must be in charge.. I must be in control. What other way is there?"

There is an alternative. Let the real director run the show. From now on, take your cues from that universal Intelligence which dwells within you. If you are told to appear in a scene where you don't think you belong, have faith. Watch as people and resources appear at the right time and place, and all unfolds in divine order. 

Make the choice to turn your life over to your higher director. Instead of trying to control everything, trust that the Universe will handle the details. Letting go may be scary at first. But if you follow this path, your life will work out more beautifully than you ever could have imagined. 

Affirmations

1. I let go and let God.
2. I let the universe handle the details.
3. When I realize the need to be in control, everything works out.
4. I trust my intuition to show me the way.
5. My life unfolds in Divine order.
6. Your Own ______________.

No comments:

Post a Comment