Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Thoughtful Tuesdays: One Step at a Time

A dear friend of mine once told me, "You are building the foundation for your life. Make sure it is strong before you start building on top of it." During a time of complete chaos and faint sight of hope, these words  stuck to my mind and soul like hot porridge sticks to your belly on a cold winter day. Comforting me at first, before helping me refocus my attention and energy into the present moment instead of getting caught up in 'future tripping'. It has taken a lot of practice to be mindful of the present moment and try not to skip ahead. It's not easy, and I still wish I could see into the future sometimes. Know if I made the right decision, or how a particular situation will unfold itself. This excerpt is a great reminder for me to slow down and enjoy each step as they come instead of skipping a few as I race to the finish line. I believe affirmations 2, 3 and 5 will be a great tool to help me practice this skill. I hope you find this excerpt helpful. Create yourself a great present moment folks! Enjoy each and every single step in your journey.


The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.


One Step at a Time


An important key to progress on the path is to take it one step at a time. Just as investing a little on a regular basis builds up long-term wealth, the little gains we make each day pay off in spiritual dividends. As a successful musical group explained, "We spent years preparing for our over-night success."


Taking it one step at a time means living in the present moment, letting life gradually reveal itself to us. Some people get nervous and want to know what is going to happen. But how can we know an outcome that hasn't yet occurred?! Trust in the process, and the perfect result will occur.

When our faiths wavers, we often get ahead of ourselves and try to figure out what is going to happen. This "future tripping" removes us from our source of guidance in the present. Sometimes we try to hit it big in a hurry. But there is no fooling the Universe. Sooner or later we will have to go back and retrace the steps that we skipped. The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. 

Whatever the goal or desire, approach it one step at a time. Small measures consistently taken guarantee progress. Eventually you will emerge victorious, having attained a reward that you will have truly earned. 

Affirmations
1. I patiently work towards my good.
2. Each new step is revealed to me precisely when I need it.
3. By living in the present, I create a wonderful future.
4. I trust in my guidance.
5. My life is unfolding perfectly.
6. Your Own _____________.

No comments:

Post a Comment