Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Thoughtfu Tuesdays : The Wisdom of Insecurity

As I read this excerpt from Bloch's book, I began to reflect on this past weekend. So many events and conversations were based around this theme. This was a hard weekend. I felt as though it was life testing me to see just how much I have learned recently. I'm pretty sure life was also making up for every lesson I've avoided learning and growing from my whole life because it crammed just about every situation ever into that short span of time. I think I passed it though. Regardless this post will come in handy in the days, weeks, and months to come. I hope you find it just as helpful folks!

The following is an exact excerpt from the book Listening To Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch. I in no way possess any ownership of the following. I am simply sharing the thoughts, expressions and words of an author who has inspired me.

*Feel free to change the word 'God' to fit your belief system. I directly quoted Bloch's work.

The Wisdom of Insecurity


Life is dynamic and ever changing. There are no guarantees. The "security" that so many search for does not exist; the best that we can hope for is "temporary stability." 

In searching for that elusive security, it is easy to fall into a rut and feel trapped by circumstances. But circumstances can control us only when we give them power to do so. Every day we read stories of individuals who have decided to break out of the mold and to do something outrageous. 

Accepting the wisdom of insecurity is liberating. Knowing that nothing is certain reminds us to keep life fluid and to live one day at a time. When my best friend and I traveled the country, not knowing where we would be from week to week, life became an ongoing adventure. 
Although we had nothing, we possessed everything.

Are there any places in your life where you feel trapped or stuck? Remember that nothing can trap you unless you let it. It is never too late for change. 


Affirmations

1. My true security rests in my connection to my Higher Power.
2. I live a day at a time and let the future take care of itself.
3. I am open to change at any moment.
4. My life is full of possibilities.
5. I have faith in myself and in God to cope with any situation that arises.
6. Your Own _______________.

No comments:

Post a Comment